Wednesday, January 30, 2013

All about me

Hello!

My name is Courtney Lynn Critchfield. I am currently a Freshman at the university of Edinboro. I Graduated from West Mifflin Area High School as the class of 2012. I'm from Pittsburgh so of course I love the Pittsbugh Steelers<3. I'm a member of Delta Zeta at Edinboro. My favorite color is pink. I'm obsessed with Zebra print and Pinterest! And one cool fact about me is that I LOVE to decorate! My dorm room has things everywhere and all over the walls. I decorate my living room for every season in the year. I probably waste a lot of money trying to make my dorm room look better. I can't wait to own a house someday:) 



My Major at Edinboro is Early childhood education. Ever since I was a kid I've always imagined myself sitting at a desk in front of a classroom full of students. In this vision I imagined myself teaching kids. Children have always been my passion. Iv'e been surrounded by a large family all my life. I myself am an only child, but my aunt and uncle alone have 11 children! So i'm always helping out with whatever I can. I'm very excited to start my teaching career. 


In this world we live in today we see technology everywhere around us. One of those places is in the classroom. I believe that technology in the classroom has its pros and cons. Some of the good things about it is that it makes accessing information easier. Another great point is that it can be used for various projects with the Powerpoint and word software. I believe that technology is a positive thing for both the student and the teacher in the classroom. In my future classroom I plan to use technology in various ways. One being PowerPoint everyday to outline what the plan is for the day. With technology you can use videos, blogs and even music to incorporate into lessons. 21st century students need technology in the classrooms because it's all they use. Technology should be embraced, not banned in schools. 

10 comments:

  1. You seem to know education is right for you and have a strong passion for teaching. With much passion, seeing your views on technology, I believe you will use them to improve schools, and student learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really cool you went to west mifflin high school. I use to go out 51 alot. I also love zebra print! My room at home is all zebra! Its really cool though how technology can make a difference in a classroom, and even make it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with what you think about technology it is a good resource in the classroom for students. i also agree with what you say for power point and word it helps give infomation to the students.

    my favorate color is pink too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great introduction of yourself u could also include a hobby of urs. its great u have such a passion for teaching and plan to use technology in ur classroom, u might wana tell how you would in maybe one or two small ways

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog because the colors are amazing. They really draw you in. I enjoyed how you introduced yourself and told us about you. I too overdecorate and waste all my money decorating my dorm. I like how you told us about how you could see yourself sitting infront of a class one day. I think you should have included what year you are in at Edinboro and told us about what makes you want to be a teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy the layout of your blog. I also like the video you included in your post as it is the same one I used for our Fina Frontier presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the post and thought that it told me a lot about it you. It was very good and interesting the video was very good too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I know you so well now. Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's important to teach kids how to use technology when they are young because they are going to be using it their whole life. It's a new era.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pinterest i'm always looking for ideas to use in my future classroom or decorating. Also technology is very important in the classroom we can't keep teaching in the old ways. We have to put our beliefs behind us and move forward.

    ReplyDelete