Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Final Frontier

The assignment for my education class (Sedu183) was to create a presentation based on an article we read called "Teacher Beliefs about Technology" and persuade people to take action.

The article talked about how more and more teachers need to use technology in the classroom but their certain beliefs about it sometimes stop them from using it. In order to get teachers on board with it you should consider their beliefs and introduce them to technology that is relevant to them now. Rather than throw a bunch of things at them and expect them to like it let alone understand it.

Working with two other members on this presentation was very easy. Things went well and turned out good. Working with two other people rather than just yourself helps to get more done. It also helps to throw different ideas and comments to help get a better outcome than if you were by yourself.

Our Presentation is titled The Final Frontier and discusses what some of the beliefs are that teachers are concerned about and what teachers think about technology in the classroom.


8 comments:

  1. Very convincing arguments in ur powerpoint, it even touched some things that i didn't think about

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your presentation and, you used great statistics. Your presentation was very effective and teachers need to change their beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your powerpoint it covered alot of information and was very convincing to a teacher who was opposed to using technology in their classrooms. I feel that you should add to your write up what class this was for because someone visiting your blog outside of the class might not understand and some of your final frontier questions don't correspond with your powerpoint so it came off confusing :/ other than that the post was great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your powerpoint presentation was lovely. The only thing I would suggest is going through your presentation again to look for spelling or grammatical errors. You presented good arguments though that I feel would convince teachers who are skeptical about learning new technology to become more open to the opportunity to use it in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The straight forward layout of your presentation was right up my alley. I think it presented the information very clearly. I also liked your survey. It was pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the presentation was very informative and really did tell why teachers sometimes refuse technology in the class rooms. I liked the post a lot and I thought the presentation was very good. maybe it could use less bright colors .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this presentation. It had a ton a information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This class has showed me that collaboration can really help make the final product much better. I enjoyed working with other people, it made coming up with ideas easier.

    ReplyDelete